How to prepare Pineapple and Carrot Cake? Anyone can make it with just a little effort. Christmas Carrot Pineapple Cake not only tastes heavenly, but it’s truly baked with love. Last Christmas my friend surprised me with this cake recipe. He has always enjoyed cooking, but this time he has outdone himself by combining this recipe with unrefined sugar. This recipe makes about 20-24 servings. Ingredients and easy directions:
PINEPPLE AND CARROT CAKE - CHRISTMAS RECIPE
- 1 cup raisins
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce or one
- 4-ounce jar baby- food applesauce
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Stevia
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all- purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 31⁄4 cups grated carrots (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- One 15- ounce can unsweetened, crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 15X10 inch cake pan.
- Combine the raisins and apple juice in a micro wave (safe bowl) and cover with wax paper. Cook on high for 30 to 40 seconds until the raisins are plump and soft; set aside.
- Combine the eggs, oil, yogurt, applesauce, brown sugar, Stevia, and vanilla in a large bowl.
Using a mixer at medium speed, beat until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in the coconut. Gradually add the coconut mixture to the egg mixture. Stir in the carrots, honey, raisins and juice, and the pineapple. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing to make the top level. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve plain or with a topping of whipped cream and vanilla sweetened to taste with Stevia, if desired.
Follow this easy directions. Hope you like this Pineapple and Carrot Cake recipe. Wish you all Marry Christmas and Happy New Year. Emely.